Meditation for Beginners Retreat in Extremadura, Spain
Take first steps in meditation at our rural B&B
Our workshop is a down-to-earth introduction to some of the principal techniques of meditation. This is a spiritual approach to meditation, set within the context of classical yoga philosophy. The emphasis will be on direct experience through practice.
Each meditation session will be accompanied with some relevant theory relating to the concepts and processes of meditation, such as kundalini, chakras, yogic teachings, spiritual awakening.
From the different meditations each day you will gain a greater sense of peace within yourself and deepen your connection with the Divine.
Open to all
Not based on any faith
Included / Not included
-food (3 meals and 2 snacks a day)
-drinks (excluding alcohol)
-shared accommodation in en-suite rooms
-transport costs in Spain
-optional activity fees
-single occupancy supplement (€175/week)
-special diet supplement (€20/week)
Our Bed and Breakfast has five double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. If necessary, beds can be separated to allow for twin-room accommodation. All rooms have French windows and beautiful views of our finca and the surrounding countryside.
Standard features include:
queen size bed (60x80") with duvet
bathroom with shower (towels, toiletries and hairdryer provided)
underfloor heating and cooling
travel cot or supplementary bed available on request (charges may apply, see Rates and Bookings)
Rooms are made up every morning.
Whilst our rooms are not equipped with television, there is a large smart TV in the downstairs living room, with a range of channels (including Netflix and AmazonTV) and a collection of DVDs.
Please note there is a NO-SMOKING policy throughout the property.
Accommodation and meals
- Swimming pool
- Washing machine available
- Bike available
- Shared bedrooms
- Single room
- Double room
- En suite
- No vegetarian
- Allergic option
Jamie McConochie is a certified spiritual coach. From a young age he has dedicated his life to the study and practice of diverse spiritual traditions. As a young man he travelled around India in search of answers to life’s big questions before returning to the UK where he completed a BSc (hons) in Psychology.
Upon finishing university he joined a Hindu monastery where he lived as a monk for 11 years. Eventually he felt called to serve in the outside world, so he left with the monastery’s blessing and trained as a life coach. He now coaches others in discovering and developing their spiritual life.
Arrival: Sunday afternoon
Monday - Friday
9:30 Morning activities with a short break
13:00 Lunch afternoon siesta and free time for optional activities (massage, coaching, language lessons, bicycle tours, birdwatching, sightseeing...)
Saturdays are free (optional activities)
Departure: Sunday morning
... from Madrid/Seville/Lisbon (Portugal)
Follow A5 (E-90) until exit 294 (look for the big red tomato!), then take EX-206 until Almoharín.
... from Santander/Salamanca
Follow A66 (E-803) until exit 590 (Las Herrerías), then take EX-382 (via Alcuéscar) and CCV-60 (via Arroyomolinos) until you reach Almoharín.
Follow EX206 until you reach Almoharín.
Once in Almoharín, drive up to the main square (Plaza de España) and turn into the street called Calle Hernán Cortés (behind the church). It will take you out of the village. At this point, just follow the signs with our logo (yellow flower).
Cancellations (Please confirm in writing)
- If done at least 6 weeks before the start of the course you can use the deposit towards another course in the next 12 months (see Transferring to another week with at least 6 weeks' notice below)
- If done at least 1 week before the start of the course we only keep the booking fee, but you can book another holiday for a reduced deeposit of €30 (see Transferring to another week with less than 6 weeks' notice below)
– If done less than 1 week before departure your entire holiday payment will be lost, unless you wish to book a new holiday in the next year (see Transferring to another week with less than a week's notice below)
– No refunds will be given once at La Barbata.
Transferring to another week (Please confirm in writing)
If you cancel...
– with at least 6 weeks' notice, you can use your deposit (once only) to book any week in the next year.
– with 1 to 6 weeks' notice, you can book another holiday in the next year. There is a reduced €30 deposit.
– with less than 1 week's notice, half of your holiday payment is retained and the other half goes towards the new holiday, always in the next year.
- 10132 Almoharín, Cáceres, España
- From: 24 March, 2019 11:00
- To: 31 March, 2019 18:00
- 1 week